http://postcards-from-my-sofa.blogspot.com/2008/11/times-they-are-changin.html

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Times They Are A Changin'


Well here I am again. I know you can't believe that I am posting two days in a row, but I am so excited by the results of last night's election that it is hard to contain myself.

I actually woke up happy and hopeful this morning. Remembering the historic ramifications of last evening. Watching President-elect Obama speak to the throngs in Grant Park. What a great night for the whole country. It speaks volumes about how far we have come as a nation.

The new President will have his hands full with the mess that he has been left with. Two wars, an economy that is in the toilet, and health care, are but a few of the enormous challenges he will face on January 20th.

For now let us revel in the success of electing our first African-American President. It is truly a proud moment for all America.

No comments: