http://postcards-from-my-sofa.blogspot.com/2008/11/here-comes-sun.html

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Here Comes the Sun

Usually by now I have sunk into a deep state of depression brought on by the weather. But not so this year. The weather gods have been good to us for the most part out here in the Pacific Northwest.

We have had a beautiful Fall season with a lot of 70 degree days and sunshine until about a week ago. It rained quite heavily for a few days, but then something odd happened. The sun came out again. Hallelujah!!! I don't mind it when it rains, as long a I see the sun once in a while.

The rain normally starts in September and doesn't stop until the middle of June. During that time we all start to feel like ducks, slogging around in the rain. The ground is soggy and mushrooms sprout in our yards. We sneak away to the tanning salons just to feel some light and warmth on our bodies.

So I guess what I am saying is that I have an attitude of gratitude for some respite from the terrible rainy season, even if it will be short lived. I will take it one day at a time and count my blessings when we have a nice day.

No comments: