http://postcards-from-my-sofa.blogspot.com/2008/09/inane-infomercials.html

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Inane Infomercials

I don't know about you, but I am personally tired of Billy Mays yelling at me about various products on TV. From Mighty Putty to Kaboom he comes into my living room like a spokesman for the hearing impaired. With the voice of an overly excited contestant on Wheel of Fortune he sings the praises of his products and tries to get us to order them.

It took me about two years of hearing the Oxi-clean commercial before I tried it. Kudos to Mr. Mays, that product really works. Now I'm not saying that everything I have used it on won't completely disappear in the future, but for the time being the stains are gone.

When I heard his latest commercial I was a bit surprised. It seems that he is endorsing a health care coverage plan. Maybe who ever gets elected this November could use him to tout their health care bill.

No comments: