http://postcards-from-my-sofa.blogspot.com/2014/11/the-dead-husbands-club.html

Friday, November 14, 2014

The Dead Husbands Club

Not exactly a club we want to be members of.  Our husbands are gone, and here we sit, wondering what the hell happened.  I must confess, when left on my own, the question still bothers me.  What the hell happened?  Don't want to be a member but I am.  More and more through life, I find that it doesn't matter what I want, I must take it as it comes.

As you can maybe tell, I am wallowing in self pity today.  Maybe it is a good thing I am alone, because I don't know of too many people who want to be with me when I am like this.  Honey came over to the couch as I was sobbing and tried to make me feel better with a nuzzle, such a sweet girl.  I just cried harder.

Today I am angry that Sam left me here,  alone and missing him more than I ever thought possible.  I feel as if the grief is insurmountable today.  My therapist tells me there will be days like this.  That does not make it any less painful.  I guess it is normal, but I don't want to be normal, I want my husband back.  I am a child today. I want my way.  So much pain..so much pain.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

M u ch love and peace Theresa...

Theresa said...

Thanks Jay

Unknown said...

Tears and hugs my friend

Casual Observer said...

You tell truth, I'm wishing this were one one truth you didn't have. And I'm so happy to see you back...(every time
I see you) Peace.