http://postcards-from-my-sofa.blogspot.com/2010/04/mind-is-terrible-thing-to-lose.html

Monday, April 12, 2010

A Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Lose


So here it is. Sunday is creeping up fast on me and it is really freaking me out. Birthdays have never bothered me. Only a number I say. A really big number. And besides, we get to party and have fun and of course there are presents....and cake, we can't forget the cake.

My follow-up appointment with the neurologist was Friday. I was looking forward to some answers, but I left with more questions than answers. The exam went well. Then she pulled up the MRI films. Front shot, I could see a little white area on the right side, but not much. I must admit I felt vulnerable, ( and a little like the Scare Crow on the Wizard of Oz) looking at my brain. She explained to me that the white area was dead brain cells, probably caused by the high blood pressure. "Those are never coming back", she mentioned. Roger , 10-4, that's what I was afraid of. That must be why I used the Lysol spray instead of Pledge to dust with today.

I am anxious for our company to come this weekend. All my family will be here from Michigan to celebrate with me. I will swallow hard and blow out the candles on my cake and hope that the Lysol doesn't leave a residue.

No comments: