http://postcards-from-my-sofa.blogspot.com/2009/02/time-gone-by.html

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Time Gone By


Addie, can you see me?
I'm here next to your Mom in the birthing room watching you
come into the world.

Addie, can you hear me?
I am rocking you, singing to you, and telling you how
much I love you already.

Addie, can you feel me?
I am holding you snug in my arms as you feed from your
bottle.

Addie, can you understand why I had to be gone these last four
years of your life?

I can't

Looking at your perfect little freckle-kissed face.
Listening to you read to me about a sunflower that went flop, as we sit under
your Great-Grandma's hickory tree.

So I will cherish this and every moment we have together.
Watching you look at everything with wonder and imagination
through those beautiful lapis blue eyes.

I will hold in my mind the way it feels when you hug me
with your soft, little arms, every "I love you Grandma," or
"What shall we do today, Grandma?"

I have missed so much.....

But believe you me, you are, and always will be

In my heart

1 comment:

Christi Krug said...

Two thoughts. 1) Under Great Grandma's hickory tree, magical things happen. 2) Your little freckled one is lucky to have you!